Saturday, September 4, 2010

So, my namesake, Earl the Category 4 'monster' storm apparently split in two before it hit the US and weakened to a Cat 1 hurricane yesterday. This had people all along the east coast, including here in New Jersey, breathing a sigh of relief. It has been almost 200 years since a major storm has hit NJ. See http://www.hurricaneville.com/1821_hurricane.htm
But those of you who know me, also know that's not how I do things. I insist on finishing what I start, and the more challenging the better. That's why I run marathons. And as a friend of mine Molly, who roasted me in a recent Toastmasters (http://www.toastmasters83.org/) speech contest said, "Be careful, if you sit next to John in a meeting, his enthusiasm is highly contagious" So if you're doing anything, start with passion, end with passion, it's the only way.

Passion is universal humanity.  Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless.  ~Honoré de Balzac


Be well.
PeaceWarrior.


The Prophet (Gibran's Masterpiece), Boxed Set, in Slipcase

No comments:

Post a Comment